3.39. Saving featured images from category pages¶
If a post in the target web page contains its featured image in its page, you can use Featured Image Selectors under Post Tab. However, if you want, for some reason, to save featured images of posts directly from the category pages, do the following:
- Go to Site Settings Page and activate Category Tab
- Go to Featured Images Section
- Check Save featured images? setting’s checkbox. This makes the settings that will be used in the next items visible.
- In Featured Image Selectors setting, define at least one CSS selector that finds the featured images of the posts in a category page
- Save the settings (See: Saving The Settings)
- Go to Tester Page and test the category settings (See: Testing site settings). In the test results, if the featured images and the post URLs do not match, check Post links come before featured images? setting’s checkbox under Featured Images Section of Category Tab in Site Settings Page, save the settings, and then test your category settings again to ensure that the featured images and the post URLs match correctly.
After these steps are done, the plugin will save the featured images of the posts directly from the category pages. For more information, see Featured Images Section.