3.18. Getting notified when selectors cannot find a value¶
The plugin can send you an email when a CSS selector’s content is empty. To configure the notifications, do the following:
- Go to Site Settings Page
- If you want to get notifications for category pages, enable Category Tab and go to CSS selectors for empty value notification setting. If you want to get notifications for post pages, enable Post Tab and go to CSS selectors for empty value notification setting.
- Define CSS selectors. When the elements found by these CSS selectors do not contain any value, a notification email will be sent to you.
- For notifications to be sent, they should be activated. Go to General Settings Page and activate Notifications Tab.
- Check Notifications are active? setting’s checkbox.
- Into Email addresses setting, enter email addresses to which the notifications should be sent.
- Save the general settings.
After these steps are done, the plugin will send email notifications when the elements found by the defined CSS selectors do not contain any value.
If you already activated the notifications by checking Notifications are active? setting’s checkbox before, you do not need to do it again. You can just configure the CSS selectors.