3.26. Saving posts as custom post types¶
If you want to save posts as custom post types, do the following:
- Go to General Settings Page and activate Post Tab. If you do this by overriding the general settings for a site (See: Using custom general settings for a site), go to Settings Tab in Site Settings Page.
- Select the custom post type in Post Type setting. For more information about how to find the custom post type’s name, see Post Type.
- If the custom post type does not use the default post categories, i.e. if it defines its own category type, add the custom category type’s taxonomy name into Post Category Taxonomies setting, which is only available in General Settings Page. For more information about how to find the taxonomy name of the custom category type, see Post Category Taxonomies.
- Save the general settings. If you changed the site settings, save the site settings as well.
- To select the categories belonging to the custom category type, refresh Site Settings Page, activate Category Tab, and go to Category URLs setting. You should be able to see the categories belonging to the custom category type.
- Select the custom categories in Category URLs setting as you want
- Save the site settings (See: Saving The Settings)