3.2. Saving posts automatically¶
To save posts automatically, do the following:
For a more detailed explanation, please see Crawling your first site.
- Create a new site in the plugin (See: Creating a New Site)
- Go to Main Tab
- Fill Site URL
- Check Active for scheduling? checkbox
- Go to Category Tab
- Enter at least one category URL into Category URLs
- In Category URL Selectors setting, define at least one CSS selector that finds URLs of the posts in the category page whose URL was entered into Category URLs
- Go to Post Tab
- Enter at least one CSS selector into Post Title Selectors setting
- Enter at least one CSS selector into Post Content Selectors setting
- Publish the site settings (See: Saving The Settings)
- Go to General Settings Page and activate Scheduling Tab
- Check Scheduling is active? setting’s checkbox
- Select time intervals in Post URL Collection Interval and Post Crawl Interval settings
- Save the general settings
After these steps are done, the posts found in the category page you defined in Category URLs will be saved automatically into your site in the time intervals you defined. With these settings, only the title and the content of the posts will be saved. If you want to save other parts of the posts, you can configure other options under Post Tab.
You can observe the active sites and the posts that were crawled from Dashboard Page.
3.2.1. Disabling automatic saving for all sites¶
Go to General Settings Page and activate Scheduling Tab. Then, uncheck Scheduling is active? setting’s checkbox and save the general settings. This will disable automatic crawling for all sites.