3.22. Creating post categories automatically¶
To automatically create post categories by retrieving the category names from the target post page, do the following:
- Go to Site Settings Page and activate Post Tab
- Go to Category Section
- Enter at least one CSS selector into Category Name Selectors. The CSS selector should find the category names in the target post page.
- If you want to add the found categories hierarchically, i.e. as subcategories of each other, check Add as subcategories? setting’s checkbox.
- If you do not want to add the found categories under the category selected in Category URLs, check Do not add the category defined in the category URLs? setting’s checkbox.
- If you selected a custom post type in Post Type setting, make sure the categories selected in Category URLs setting belong to the selected custom post type.
- Save the site settings (See: Saving The Settings)
After these steps are done, WP Content Crawler will create the categories whose names are found by the selectors you defined and assign them to the created posts. For more information about the settings, see Category Section.